Last modified on 2 September 2019
1. This “GlobalPass End-User Terms and Conditions” (“Agreement”) governs your access to and use of the GlobalPass website and applications (collectively, the “Site”) and ID Verification Services (as defined below) offered on the Site. This is a legal agreement between you (the “ID Verification User” or “you” or “your”) and GlobalPass AG (“GlobalPass”).
When you registered, you either registered as an individual or as a company or other business organisation. When registering, you provided information about yourself and/or an owner or principal of the business. You hereby represent and warrant that all information provided is true and correct and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the business and have authority to bind the business to this Agreement. The term “you” “your” and “ID Verification User” will mean you, the natural person, as well as the business.
By checking the box on the registration page agreeing to these terms and conditions or by using the ID Verification Services, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not use the ID Verification Services and exit the Site.
GlobalPass may modify this Agreement from time to time. When changes are made, GlobalPass will make the revised version available on this webpage and will indicate the date that revisions were last made at the top of this page. Your use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
2. This Agreement is effective as of the date you first registered (the “Effective Date”). If you registered as a business entity, the ID Verification Services (as defined below) may also be utilised by Affiliates (as defined below) of the ID Verification User; provided that (i) the ID Verification User shall be the sole party responsible for making payments under this Agreement and (ii) the ID Verification User shall be responsible to GlobalPass for all Affiliates compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Affiliate” shall mean any entity in which the ID Verification User has direct or indirect ownership of greater than 50% of the voting shares of the relevant company.
3. GlobalPass is providing electronic identity verification services (“ID Verification Services”) to the ID Verification User pursuant to this Agreement. This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated. ID Verification User or GlobalPass may terminate this Agreement, and/or suspend your access to the ID Verification Services, at any time.
4. As part of the ID Verification Services, GlobalPass grants to the ID Verification User a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to utilise the ID Verification Services for the lawful purposes and with consent (see “Permitted Purpose”and “User Consent” below in this section 4). This license allows the ID Verification User the right to submit data for verification through the ID Verification Services according to the Permitted Purpose (each submittal a “Transaction”) to a maximum limit, as per separate agreement with the User.
Permitted Purpose - verifying an individual’s identity, age or address information for lawful purposes of identity verification, fraud prevention or enforcement of laws designed to prevent money laundering but does not include determining a consumer’s eligibility for credit or insurance for personal, family or household purposes, employment or a government license or benefit.
User Consent - ID Verification User agrees to obtain the appropriate, active, and informed consent from each individual consumer in accordance with all applicable laws for the collection, disclosure, and use of personal information prior to requesting any of the ID Verification Services. Additionally, a direct business need for the information in connection with a business transaction involving the consumer must exist. THE GLOBALPASS ID VERIFICATION SYSTEM MUST NOT BE USED FOR UNAUTHORISED USE.
5. If GlobalPass processes EU Personal Data in the course of the provision or procurement of the ID Verification Services, the parties will abide by the requirements included in the EU Personal Data Schedule, attached as Schedule B, including notifying the data subject that their Personal Information will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), providing any other required information to the data subject, and offer the data subject the opportunity to object to the transfer.
6. The ID Verification User must not distribute, market, re-license, sub-license, rent, lease, adapt, translate, enhance, modify, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, reproduce, create derivative works or translate the whole or any part of the information included in the ID Verification Services, and must not merge the ID Verification Services into any other product or service without the prior written permission of GlobalPass.
7. In consideration of GlobalPass providing the ID Verification Services to the ID Verification User, the ID Verification User agrees to pay to GlobalPass the fees, which shall be set forth in separate agreement, including any related payment transmission fees or related bank charges. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees and charges referred to by separate agreement are exclusive of VAT. Payment will be made by charging your credit card on file. By providing credit card information or other payment method acceptable to GlobalPass, you represent and warrant that; i) the information provided is true and correct; ii) you are authorised to provide that information and to use the designated payment method; and iii) you authorise GlobalPass (or GlobalPass’s third-party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount due. You agree to pay all credit card charges when due. You agree to pay all charges when due regardless of the number of transactions performed and regardless of the specific results or performance of the ID Verification Services.
8. The ID Verification User warrants and represents that it:
9. The ID Verification Services are provided on the following terms:
10. GlobalPass, its contractors and sub-contractors, for the purposes of this Agreement, are not:
11. The ID Verification User is responsible for:
12. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the parties agree to cooperate and provide reasonable assistance in joint marketing materials from time to time. No such announcements shall be issued without both parties’ prior written consent, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
13. GlobalPass and its service providers will retain ownership of all intellectual property in the ID Verification Services (including any amendments, enhancements, modifications or updates of the ID Verification Services).
14. Except as expressly set out herein, the ID Verification User will have no rights or interest with respect to the ID Verification Services. Nothing contained in this Agreement will constitute a licence or grant of any rights to the ID Verification User with respect to any trademark, logo, service, mark, trade name, service name or patent.
15. As used in this Agreement, "Confidential Information" means any information communicated by either party to the other party in the context of their business relationship (whether documented now or in the future or otherwise) and includes information regarding the ID Verification Services not generally known to the public, the identity of GlobalPass’s data sources and vendors as well as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (including, without limitation, name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, government identity card number, driver’s license number, or any other unique identifier or one or more factors specific to the individual’s physical, physiological, mental, economic or social identity, and whether confidential customer data or otherwise) provided by either party to the other (“Personal Information”) and including user name and password information.
16. AExcept with respect to Personal Information, Confidential Information does not include information that is generally known to the public, information received in good faith from a third-party not subject to a confidential obligation to the source, or information that was independently developed by the recipient without the developing persons having access to or knowledge of the confidential information.
17. Each party agrees that it will:
18. GlobalPass may suspend the ID Verification Services or terminate this Agreement immediately, without further obligation to ID Verification User, in the event that (i) the ID Verification User commits a material breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement, (ii) for non-payment of services, or (iii) if there is a change of circumstances beyond GlobalPass’s control which prevents GlobalPass from providing the ID Verification Services.
19. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if such delay is due to an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, accident, acts of the public enemy, terrorist acts, war, rebellion, insurrection, sabotage, epidemic, quarantine restriction, transportation embargo, change of law or strike (each a “Force Majeure”).
20. If a delay or failure of a party to perform its obligations is caused by, or anticipated because of, Force Majeure, the performance of that party’s obligations will be suspended.
21. If a delay or failure by a party to perform its obligations because of Force Majeure exceeds 30 days, either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other party.
22. GlobalPass is not responsible:
23. To the extent permitted by law, other than to the extent expressly set out in this Agreement, GlobalPass makes no representations or warranties either express or implied:
24. IN NO EVENT WILL GLOBALPASS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY DATA PROVIDER, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY MANNER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE).
25. GLOBALPASS’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY DURING THE TERM FOR ANY OR ALL LOSSES OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE FEES PAID BY IDV USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO ALL OR PART OF THE LIABILITY.
26. Notwithstanding any other term of this Agreement, GlobalPass accepts no liability for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or other error in any (i) inquiry information, (ii) other information, or (iii) data, provided by the ID Verification User to GlobalPass.
27. The ID Verification User will indemnify GlobalPass, its affiliates and agents from and against any and all claim, damages, losses, liabilities or fees arising in connection with any costs incurred as a result of a breach of any term of this Agreement by the ID Verification User.
28. The ID Verification User must not assign or transfer any rights or liabilities under this Agreement to any other person, except with written consent of GlobalPass.
29. If, for any reason, GlobalPass is required to disclose any or all of its data vendors to ID Verification User, then ID Verification User agrees that it shall be prohibited from contacting or doing business with such data vendors, for the purpose of obtaining similar services as those provided through GlobalPass under this Agreement, at any time during the term of the Agreement and for a period of one (1) year after the termination of this Agreement.
30. The ID Verification User can contact GlobalPass at any time with questions or to cancel the ID Verification Services by sending an email to: support(at)globalpass.ch.
31. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then that provision will be deemed to be deleted, but without affecting the remaining provisions.
32. A failure by either party to exercise or enforce any rights available to that party or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence is not to be construed as a waiver of that party’s rights under this Agreement.
33. All documents referred to in this Agreement form part of this Agreement and may be amended from time to time by the parties in writing. Such amendments do not otherwise affect the rights and obligations howsoever under this Agreement.
34. This Agreement (including the Schedule and any other documents referred to in the Schedule or this Agreement) contains the entire Agreement between the parties and there are no other representations, promises or conditions.
35. This Agreement is governed by the laws of Switzerland. Both parties stipulate and agree that any litigation arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Zug, Switzerland.
This EU Personal Data Schedule is only applicable if GlobalPass processes EU Personal Data in the course of the provision or procurement of the ID Verification Services. Capitalised terms used in this Schedule shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Agreement including, without limitation, the definitions terms found in this EU Personal Data Schedule.
1. GlobalPass shall:
2. This Clause 2 of EU Personal Data Schedule does not apply if the ID Verification User is located outside of the EU. GlobalPass agrees to comply with the obligations of a data importer as set out in the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to data processors established in third countries adopted by the European Commission decision of 5 February 2010, published under document number C(2010) 593 2010/87/EU, or as updated thereafter (the "Standard Contractual Clauses"). The ID Verification User agrees that it will be a data exporter under the Standard Contractual Clauses and will comply with the obligations imposed on data exporters. If the legal means by which adequate protection for the transfer is achieved ceases to be valid, GlobalPass will work with the ID Verification User to put in place an alternative solution. Each party’s compliance with the Standard Contractual Clauses, as well as the provisions relating to data protection aspects for subprocessing, shall be governed by the law of the Member State in which the data exporter is established.
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data subjects (please specify):
Data subjects opening new accounts with the Customer
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data (please specify):
Identifying information, such as contact details, date of birth, address, National ID, etc.
The personal data transferred concern the following special categories of data (please specify):
The personal data transferred will be subject to the following basic processing activities (please specify):
For the provision of the ID Verification Services